Do you know that you can still play PS2 games even if you have no PS2 console or it has been broken? It is possible with the help of PCSX2.
PCSX2 is one of the best PS2 emulators that allow you to install and run PS2 on your PC. There are many PS2 games that can easily be played on your system using this free and open-source PlayStation 2 emulator. This emulator can be used on a system running Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. These operating systems support a variety of video PS2 games with high performance and compatibility.
This emulator is quite effective and powerful as compared to other emulators for running PlayStation 2 games on different platforms. Let’s have a look at some of the amazing features of PCSX2.
Features of PCSX2
- It is highly capable of delivering an ultimate entertaining experience because of the high level of compatibility with a range of PlayStation 2 video games.
- It enables you to install and run PS2 games on highly powerful to lower-end PC and Mac systems.
- The PS2 game can be run directly from the disc, alternatively, you can choose to use the ISO image of that particular game from the hard drive.
- If you have PS2 controllers, you can use them to gain the realistic PlayStation gaming experience using this emulator.
- When playing any game and you have to stop in between due to some reason, this emulator allows you to save the existing state and will start the game from that state only.
- Another feature of PCSX2 is HP graphics, thus allowing you to play games in 1080p.
- This emulator offers you a facility to make use of some features that can help in making old PS2 games look better, such as Anti-Aliasing and Texture filtering options.
- This emulator comes with various plugins.
Now, after these features, if you want to know whether your system is capable enough to hold this emulator or not. For this, you need to compare your system specifications with these minimum system requirements
Operating System – Windows 7 or higher
CPU – Support SSE2, 2 physical cores with hyperthreading
GPU – Support OpenGL 3.x, Direct3D10, 2GB video memory
RAM – 4 GB
If you want your system to run PS2 games smoothly, then it must meet these requirements. If it does not, you have to upgrade your system with better specifications than the mentioned one.
Since its development, PCSX2 is the best one around, all due to its high level of game compatibility. For this, you need to have a fast system so that it can run all these video games well.
You can use PlayStation 2 controllers with this emulator, but using the keyboard is pretty difficult to use with PCSX2. Or, you can also buy a gamepad to gain the best gaming experience for this PS2 emulator.